Monday, May 16, 2011

Congratulations!

Congratulations to all the students!  I truly enjoyed the recital.   Each of you played so beautifully.  What a privilege for me to teach you all.   A highlight for me was Cassy's Reverie by Debussy.  It was musical and flawless from the first note until the last note.  You really captured it Cassy!  I was holding my breath.

Thanks for everyone who brought treats.  A highlight of the treats was cut out cookies from Isabella's Mother.  This was her first recital and she set the bar high by bringing the loveliest arrangement of cookies in a tier with little colorful dollies!  Left over cookies have been frozen for the pizza party, with the exception of Jonelle's thumbprints which I have hidden for myself.  They don't seem to be lasting long even in their secret location.

This was our 10th annual spring studio recital.  I don't know where the time went.  All I know is that teaching these kids is a huge blessing to me, each and everyone on his or her own journey.  I know their strengths and weaknesses, their fears and idiosyncrasies. I love them all anyway.

It occurs to me that that must be how God looks down upon us all.  A friend recently reminded me that He takes us where we are and gently leads us to the next level,  with unconditional love but great expectations.

Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment