Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bunny Loves Bach




We made it through the week with Flopsy.  I think we hit the bunny jackpot.  As far as bunnies go, he seems to be one.  He's peeing in the box, for the most part.  He tolerates being held.  He runs up to greet you in the kennel.  He's making a lot of fertilizer for the garden.  It is a simple system, hay in, compost out.  The cats have met him through the kennel gate, they nuzzle noses.  Bunny doesn't run so they don't chase.  The thing that he does the best?  Being cute.  Lucky for us he is so darn cute.

Where to put him?  It rains on the porch.  Mary's room is too small.   I don't really want him in the basement, sometimes we don't go down there all day, if we are going to have a pet, I want him to be part of the household.  So for the moment, he's in the piano room.  I moved him into the corner with his little "yard."

He likes Bach.  He's not so crazy about the cheesy little duets Mary is learning for duet class in Colorado.

I don't know how this is going work, to be honest.  Will he be a distraction, or will the piano kids just get used to him?  What about allergies?  If he is in the kennel will that trigger folk's allergies?

Both my husband and my sister have accused me of speaking with forked tongue.  I want a simple life and then we got a bunny.  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for small fuzzy animals.  And I didn't want to look back and say Mary never got the one thing that she ever wanted.  My mom put up with a giant aquarium in my room for ten years.  With newts and eels.

Bill was a little disappointed that there wasn't more of a family meeting to discuss the procurement of Flopsy.  I get it.  But my mom was quick to remind Bill that my sophomore year in high school I spent $50 that was supposed to go toward a new winter coat on a sweet calico kitten in the pet shop.  The kitten brought home fleas.  My mom took care of "Molly" for eighteen years, long after I left for college and beyond.

Once in a while you have to love first and figure things out later.


No comments:

Post a Comment