Friday, November 9, 2012

Hope for Resolution

Of the Father's love begotten
ere the worlds began to be
He is Alpha and Omega
He the source the ending He

Of the things that are
that have been
and that future will years shall see
evermore and evermore


I woke this morning with an inexplicable aching to hear this hymn.  Maybe it's the political environment, maybe pre-advent longings, or maybe just the mood I'm in this week.  I bought it on itunes from the University of Texas Chamber Singers for a buck, but here is a link to the beautiful arrangement by Paul Caldwell and Sean Ivory performed by the kids down in Decorah, IA at Luther College.  (I must be feeling faithful to my home states' choirs today. . . )

Link:  Of the Father's Love Begotten. . Hope for Resolution

No comments:

Post a Comment