Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Remembering Hope



I'm thinking about my grandma Hope today. In a good way. We have been missing her these last two years.  I'm thinking about all the Christmases. All the traditions and nuances. The smell of the lavendar soap in her house.  She and I would walk in the snow to the "Jack & Jill" grocery store on Christmas Eve to get the forgotten items for my mother.  We would look for Santa's sleigh in the dark sky.  I would help her put the tags on the box of gifts Grandpa had wrapped.  The same little box of tags lasted at least the 20 years of my childhood.  You know the kind, they had little strings on them and a little hole punched in the paper.

I'm blessed that my children will have the same vault of memories with their own grandparents.

Thank you Hope, for your legacy of faith and the multiple copies of "My Utmost for His Highest."  You were the world's best listener.  I miss you but am blessed to linger in my memories whilst I multitask through my long Christmas task list.  Multitasking is something you would never have done, and just thinking about that will help me slow down today.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for remembering Mama; Remembering Hope. You're a pretty great listener yourself.

    You and I, Mommy, and our children are blessed with so many we have learned and grown from.

    I'm wearing my "Remember Where You Came From" Life is Good shirt today. Appreciate the reminder of where we came from-a safe and secure place of infinite peace; Sacred. We are blessed.

    ReplyDelete