Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm Feeling Much Better Now

All the Company I Need 
Am I the only parent whose mental health took a giant forward leap this morning?

I wondered if maybe it was because I read something inspiring by Elizabeth Gilbert, or Glennon Doyle Melton, and I did. . . .(Link to Great Post). The Momastery blog quite frequently hits the nail on the head and her review link today was just what I needed--the main point being to see your crazy wacky working mom life as being so full of abundance--rather than hopelessly sinking. As though God is not aware of your goals and dreams. As though you are the only woman in the world trying to do it all. As though we are not so completely blessed to even have these choices. As though we have more scarcity than abundance--of love, talent, and time.

I wondered if maybe it was because I buckled down and wrote the Austin parent lecture and I'm super pleased with it--ready to go run color copies ahoy.

I wondered. . . if it was the weather. . . but it's 15 below.

I wondered if it was because I'm starting my new improved health plan.  You know. . . no sugar. . . no gluten. . . no anything fun. Forever. Same Auld Lang Syne.

And then I looked at the clock and realized the kids have only been back at school for three hours and I've gotten about six months of work done.

There is a time to play board games until you are blue in the face and listen to the running brain dialog of a family of four, and there is a time to be alone for three hours and actually find your own brain again.

I'm feeling much better now.


No comments:

Post a Comment