Thursday, November 10, 2016

Post Election Thought


I'm writing this for me. Not really for anyone else. I'm not going to boost the post on Facebook. In fact I'm quietly signing off Facebook for a week, maybe more. Calvin invited me to do this and we are doing it together. My "friends" are making me feel isolated and lonely.

When did politics become religion to people? Are you really governed by the POTUS? I'm not.

Yesterday morning at 7:45 a.m. I watched the good people from the City of Eagan public works remove black spray painted election night graffiti from the walls at the corner of Yankee Doodle and Blue Cross Blue Shield roads. This on my walking path. Suburban hate. Thank you, Eagan, for not letting those words see the light of day.

Lord, above, don't we want to power wash us all?

News flash: hating haters is still hate.

This morning I'm going to run a SAM board meeting. Later today I'm going to start piano lessons with a little five year old girl who speaks Hebrew. Tomorrow I'm going to go see young friends sing in a play. Saturday we are going to have a chamber music workshop here and fill the house to the brim with music and pizza. Saturday night we are taking the family to the Feed My Starving Children Gala. Sunday the choir is going to sing two services and then more chamber music and then we are going to see the From the Top concert, of the cream of the crop young people at the Ordway.

I think I'm gonnna have to listen to the Messiah this morning, "and He shall purify the sons of Levi."
That's what I'm needing. An offering in righteousness.

I'm  holding on to the good part of that scene with the city men in neon yellow vests power washing the concrete--wash it away, Lord, wash it away. Leave the love. Purify us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment