Thursday, January 19, 2017

A Quick Thought

College Mail Day One

College Mail Day Two
Some moments my faith is stronger than others. Today for example, on the way to school with Mary, we were about three blocks from home when I swear a little angel's voice whispered ever so gently into my ear, softly and tenderly, that prophetic word. . . clarinet. Proof that there is a God and He does care about us. I turned the car around and Mary ran back inside to get the instrument. Having the clarinet along is an important musical element of having a good concert day. It doesn't really matter if your parents are musicians and you've been playing piano for nine years and you have all the right answers in band. . . if you don't have the horn for your gig.

And for the second year in a row, I sent my children down to Arizona to visit their aunt, with clothes that are not even close to fitting.

Why? Why are the clothes too small? Why am I getting this mail? How can this 6'1" little kid be capable of actually driving a car in the snow.

I'm in denial. That's all there is to it. I'm actually quite happy here today, so I'm just gonna stay in denial at least through the middle school band concert tonight.

Maybe tomorrow we will practice driving again. Today, I'm gonna cut up little apple and cheese slices for an after school snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment