Friday, September 27, 2019

Pray First

Precious

Mary on the prop, second from the left

Eastview Marching Band

Working toward those 10,000 hours

Friends

Treat time and my new dish towel

Next year I want to grow my own

Calvin's first run of a piece at college

Deck repair at the cabin!!! 

As Mary called them. . .the Aceys' 

Practicing our selfies

Are we bothering you? 
I've had the best week! A week without any eye doctor appointments or music teacher meetings. Just a normal week. I guess one could argue that if almost every week has extras then actually the free week is anomaly.  C'est dommage.

After a summer of tweaking my own set of "commandments" I finally have a list and I'm somewhat satisfied. Good bloggers are supposed to give numbered list to draw the reader in, to keep you in suspense, so I'm only going to give you number one today. I know you all will be checking your in boxes on the hour for the other nine. . .

The first of Sara's rules is to pray first.

To pray first when you can't find your phone.
Or the drivers ed info sheet.
When you get squash soup on your white shirt.
When your car is making a funny sound and you still have to drive 100 miles.
When you wake up in the morning with too long of a list.
When you wake up with just the right list.
When your skin is freaking out.
When your jaw is mixed up.
When your Facebook feed is dark.
When someone is sick.
When someone is really sick.
When there is a beautiful sunrise.
When the wild turkeys are in your backyard.

Monday was the ten year anniversary of my dad's death from pancreatic cancer. We did a lot of praying then but he still died. However, there were amazing moments and incidents all along the way that proved our prayers were heard and perhaps adjusted. We just don't have the whole picture yet, but I know. . .  it's good.

When I see wild turkeys, it reminds me of my father, and especially of that time.
I sure don't have all the answers about prayer. I only know that I'm happier when I remember to pray about everyone and everything. The closer I feel to God the happier I am. No matter what the outcome.

I just have to remember to remember.

Lord,
Be with me and my family and everyone who happens to read this today. Help us to remember to remember, whatever that means to each of us. 
Amen 


2 comments:

  1. So very true, Sara. Thank you for reminding us to PRAY. Thank you for your gifts of music and writing. God bless you!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! Every one of them! "Are we bothering you?" cracks me up. Wow! on the deck.
    Honestly, you are right. Pray first. Similarly: Breathe first. After praying first, pray without ceasing. Similarly: Breathe without ceasing. Works for me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete