Thursday, October 15, 2020

The Eighth Aspiration ~ Presence ~ ANTS ~ Joy

 

The Third Covid Journal

Hello Froggy


Today I started the third notebook of Covid. My daily journal, or morning pages. Who would have thought? 

The eighth of my ten aspirations is presence, which includes posture and breathing. I guess I could fill a whole lot more than three notebooks on this. Not that I have achieved this. It's a lifetime thing. 

When I'm lacking joy, one of the first check points is to see if I'm suffering from ANTS. Automatic negative thoughts. Our brains can get into habits. It's a prefrontal cortex thing? There is a lot of information you can google. 

We can move away from ANTS. Making a list of all the things we are grateful for is one easy way. Getting away from social media and curating our news intake is another tool. Taking time each day (not so easy for busy parents) to center yourself is critical. That's why I wake up so early. To have some time each day to write, read my Bible and other devotions and try to hit the reset button each and every morning. 

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice. Let all men know your forbearance. The Lord is at hand. Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:4-8 

In a perfect world that should about take care of it. . . I hope you have a lovely fall day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment