Thursday, February 28, 2013

All My Exes Live in Texas

Heading down to Houston tomorrow for their workshop.  I'm excited to teach and talk with parents and play on the recital.

I'm a little tired. Teaching is energizing. Writing is energizing. Practicing is energizing. Reading police reports, going over insurance information, and deciphering letters from attorney--these things are all draining.

Protecting my thoughts from what might have been is draining. I've never been in an accident before. I'm not well rehearsed on this.

So each time those thoughts pop up, I'm attempting to replace them with thoughts of gratitude. Here is my litany of thanks. . .

. . . thanks for my husband who will hold down the fort this weekend after working 60 hours--please, not too many pop tarts.  And. . don't forget both kids sing in church on Sunday. . . their clothes are laid out.
. . . thanks for the great gals in Suzuki Piano Teachers Guild who are all working together to put on some great graduation recitals in a couple weeks.
. . . thanks for an awesome chamber music festival last weekend.  Everyone did a wonderful job and some very good music was made.  I'm thankful for Christina and the continuation of our relationship!
. . . thanks for the group in Houston for inviting me to teach.  For trusting me to work with their little ones.
. . . for the sweet chiropractor who helped put me back together yesterday.
. . . for my mother and the joy she will have picking out a new puppy!
. . . for my own piano studio and the families I have the privilege of seeing every week.
. . . for my in laws--their love and stability.
. . . my sister--especially that she drives a safe vehicle up and down I80 to work everyday.
. . . my own kidos--for being themselves--for obsessing on vacuum cleaners and bunnies and the ups and downs of a normal week of family life.

It's true that all my ex-boy-friends live in Texas. . . but mostly I was trying to get your attention.  I am going to wear my boots--as a small homage to the dance hall days. . .

Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment