Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My God is a Rock in a Weary Land

I've got good news and not so good news.

The good news is my friend Vickie from Blanco, Texas passed her teacher trainer application!  Vickie, I'm sure Doris is so proud and I hope she was the second phone call after your awesome hubby. Vickie had other good news this month--her daughter had an extremely high risk pregnancy and I'm happy to report that Vickie is out in California with a healthy mama and baby. Congrats on both LIFE ALTERING events--a grandma and a teacher trainer all in one month!

The not so good is that my friend Lorie Gardner, mother of my student Isabella was in a fire yesterday. Their tiny family of mom, dad, Isabella and Lorie's mom is down in South Africa on a two year work commitment.  What I read from Lorie's sister's Facebook post was that there was an explosion at the stables where Isabella rides and that there was a fire and Lorie heroically saved 3 of 6 horses from being trapped in their stalls but had to stop (or I imagine someone else physically stopped her) when she burned her feet and hands. That's all I have--but there's no minor burning of feet and hands so we are all thinking of her and waiting for more reports.

I'm hoping angels know no boundaries--because I'm sending as many as I can dream of all the way to South Africa.  If you know Lorie you know that her kindness is unrivaled. She is one classy determined red-headed southern belle and she put the will in where there's a will there's a way.

Our choir is tackling another Daniel Kallman piece for the choral service entitled, "My God is  Rock in a Weary Land." It's a gosple doozy so I'm spending some time with it.  I'm sending that time out to Lorie and the message too--

My God is Rock in a Weary Land.
A Shelter in a Time of Storm.

You're not that far away, Lorie, and helpless as we are, we are all thinking of you and Isabella.


1 comment: