Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!

We had a lovely Easter weekend.  This is a photo of Mary releasing one of the 35 butterflies we raised as a favor to Pastor Kris for her children's sermon today.   On the way into church Kris asked if I could help with communion.  The Easter service requires many volunteers.  For whatever reason, in all my years as a Lutheran I have never done this.

Saying the words, "the Body of Christ Given for You" several hundred times to several hundred people, most of whom I didn't know turned out to be a very moving experience for me.  Here I was, at one of six communions stations at one church, in one city, in one state, in one country.  The thought of Christ dying for all these people throughout all the world and all of history was moving.  For God so loved the world. One by one by one.  Each of us.  "The Body of Christ Given for You."

No comments:

Post a Comment