Monday, November 21, 2011

Food, then Music

I had a reader from Kenya yesterday.  Who knows why and probably by mistake, but nonetheless.

It got me thinking.  Feed My Starving Children is doing a big relief effort for the people in the horn of Africa who are suffering from a six year drought.  Easter church is participating, and I'm sure FMSC will take a donation on their website.  Bill and I had the privilege to go to the Minneapolis FMSC banquet a couple weeks ago.  We had a nice time.  As nice of a time as you can have, eating a fancy meal watching a program featuring families without food or water and children without parents.

FMSC is an awesome charity.  Seven year old Mary sent in a little money in honor of the celebration of American abundance called Thanksgiving.  Her $4 will feed some ridiculous amount of children.

Perhaps if we ever get to the day when everyone's survival needs are being met, then we can start to share each other's music.  Each child can have the chance to take the music of his own culture and develop his own talent.  Dr. Suzuki had the dream that music could change the world.  My guess is it has to start with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment