Monday, April 9, 2012

Some Live and Learn




Some live and learn and some just live.  That's how I feel again after another weekend, and another holiday of cramming as much as humanly possible into our lives.  Since Good Friday night we had church, the Easter Bunny came and hid eggs, four of which were eaten by deer) the kids had swimming, we recorded their honors recital auditions for Colorado, we cooked and also got pizza.  Sunday brought multiple church services and festivities with family.  I collapsed in a heap at 7:00 p.m. last night and Bill put the kids to bed.  And I wonder why my body won't heal itself of this cough and cold.

This morning Lorie and I worked on the Deerwood Elementary plant sale fundraiser.  My husband made this spreadsheet that could have held data from the air routes of a fleet of 11 jets and their cargo and total revenue optimization for the calendar year of 2012 including dollars per mile of square footage of cargo space minus fuel costs depending on the weather, but instead it just totaled up the orders for all the geraniums and petunias and plant cards.  So we type in the family and the plants and it adds up how much they owe.  Then you press the total button and a window comes up that says "SARA, you spent too much on plants."  Just kidding.  You can totally judge a person's character by what kind of plants they order, but don't worry, I won't tell.

Things should calm down a little now.  I can't wait to feel better so I can get outside and do my spring clean up.  But I'm not going to push it until I stop coughing.  I learned my lesson with the whole chi and bon fire thing last weekend.  It's just hard not to do stuff when you start to feel better.  Then you get sick again.  Some live and learn.

Don't worry mother, I'm gonna take better care of myself now.

Here are the links to the videos we made of the kids this weekend to send to Colorado.  They have a solo honors recital and some kids are chosen to play each year.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Calvin played the Happy Farmer there when he was five.  We'll see.  It is a good excuse to get dressed up and practice for the afternoon.

Calvin's Chopin Waltz in A Minor
Mary's Melody by Schumann


2 comments:

  1. Hey! MY order doesn't reflect my character as much as it reflects that I'm hosting the weekend of plant arrival!!!! Seriously--THANKS for heading up that project again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are of the utmost character! You just have to watch out for those who order too many zinnias. . .

    ReplyDelete