Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Emergency Entry. . .

Okay.  I've never gone this long without an entry.

The short list is. . . five day 28 hour teacher practicum in California with Caroline Fraser.  (Separate entry later)

Major construction in the backyard.  (Spoiled me)

Contractors working in the basement everyday.  (One word: drywall dust) Okay that's two words.

Girls trip to Iowa where my sister and I  threw my mom a surprise birthday party with 117 guests.  (Separate entry later)

This week:  MacPhail Suzuki Institute.  Yeah!!! The week is going great.  I'm teaching and the kids are attending. Can I just put it out there that it worked out okay that I'm not teaching Calvin and Mary in my group lessons.  If you know me and you know them you will get that.  It's one thing to teach your own kids, it's another thing to teach them in public.  It's a little like yanking your soul out and putting it up on a pedestal.  I'm going to die on that hill another day. . .

Highlights of the week so far? Mary dropped a pencil into the depths of the nine foot Steinway in Antonello Hall today.  Mary, it's no big deal. . . no harm done. . . but. . . now you don't get to go to college. . . just kidding.  Those pianos are worth more than most people's houses.  Yikes!  And no, you don't get your pencil back.

Today Calvin played on a noontime recital.  I was happy for him!  Here is a link to his Bach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74aPMGA_DLo

Please keep coming back. . . I promise to write more (or less) soon!


1 comment:

  1. I can't just say, "That was beautiful," because it was so much more than beautiful to me. In my layman's terms- to me- the melody sang; the left hand was perfect, too, and a bit louder when it wanted to sing....I love how the melody notes were sustained so exquisitely. But mostly, since I'm on the "Stress" (last chapter) of "Seven," I love how it allowed me such a perfect meditation pause for the day.

    Thank you, Sara! And thank you, Calvin!

    ReplyDelete