Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer Week 1

A New Notebook to Fill
Summer actually started yesterday. We came to home from Colorado to cake platters and serving dishes and leftover recital food in the fridge. Also, one fresh rhubarb pie from my mother, which served me very well for breakfast and lunch yesterday. We moved the pianos back to their regular spots last night and we're ready to go!

I filled my notebook. I clocked in about 60 hours of observation of lectures and masterclasses and recitals at the national Suzuki conference over Memorial Day weekend. That included my teacher trainer training. This last week in Colorado, observing Mary's classes and a few other teachers, I logged about 35 more hours.

I'm ready to actually teach now. I have enough new ideas to kill a horse.

Summer lessons are nice. In the morning the windows can be open. We are competing with the sounds of birds and lawnmowers.

The new notebook only has one page filled in. Yesterday at the dentist, when the secretary asked if I wanted to book my six month appointment for December 20, the words HELL NO actually slipped out of my mouth. No appointments in December. No appointments in May. This is a good faith gesture for a year of careful yeses.

Happy Summer Week 1.

1 comment:

  1. During the summer it is important to not plan out anything unless it's, say, 20 minutes from now ... :-) We can do same for 4th of July. Yes, a little planning, but they've got grocery stores up there and you've got a great kitchen in the cabin now, so let's take it easy. :-)

    ReplyDelete