Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Mother and Child (Christmas Music #4)




Mother and Child is a full CD of the most wonderful songs.
Mine has a Half Price Books price tag of $5.95 and I got my money's worth. Copyright 1996.

https://www.amazon.com/Mother-Child-Various-
Artists/dp/B000000QHU/ref=asc_df_B000000QHU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312116720349&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6054695832985355669&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019555&hvtargid=pla-568181936096&psc=1

One of my favorite selections is "All is Well Tonight" sung by CeCe Winans.
It reminds me of my own kids, but also of a Christmas home from college when my dad wanted to sing it for Christmas Eve and I spent the whole day transcribing it from cassette tape to very out of tune piano. The would require a DMA in transcribing but I had my pulling charts from cassettes chops together back then. I guess I'm glad we did that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN9mOyBpask (All is Well Tonight)

It also has "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant. Which somehow got put on repeat during a baking session with Kris a few years ago until we realized we had been listening to the same song for several hours. . . and now I guess it's not a favorite anymore. . . still. . . we all need a breath of heaven to hold us together now and then.

Anyways. .. I love every track.

Here's one more track to listen to. . . Beth Nielsen Chapman's "Ave Maria." So pure and sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHV-RgcI7Ek

I'm a little manic trying to get Christmas put together here. As always. So--note to myself and the rest of the "mothers and childs" out there. . . it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful and just pick one thing to work on. Most of the children and most of the Christmases turn out pretty good in hindsight.

Love,
Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment