Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Roll Call

Mary helps with the January Purge
It is a new semester at the Kotrba Piano Studio.  I'm making new lesson plan cards and it is a great time to mention those students who had perfect attendance these last 16 weeks!

Alec
Sami
Kathryn
Aidan
Lena
Cassy
Hannah
Hope
William (actually missed one for the chicken pox. . .I'll call that excused)
Abe
Peter
Elizabeth
Solomon
Nehemiah

Wow!  That means a lot to me.  That means you are keeping piano near the top of your list--or your parent is very creative and switches with other students when you have a conflict.  I missed one Wednesday when Mary was sick. I'll credit that for summer.  I'm not sure how to count if Mary and Calvin had perfect attendance--probably they did--they have a lesson every day--have mercy on them. . .

Hey!  We also had very near perfect attendance at groups!  Only one person missed last month!  Must be my most excellent treats. . . .

Here's some advice to aspiring teachers--charging for missed lessons is a great way to ensure faithful attendance. . . but seriously. . . attending lessons is the most critical piece of the puzzle.  I can't teach you if you are not here.  Parents can contact other families and ask them to switch--they are not obligated of course. Also, generally if I know a week or two in advance I'll try my best to tweak the schedule--I want you to come to your lesson.  Same day cancels and no shows are not fixable--Mary Lynn is a great nanny but I sure don't want to pay her twice for your lesson and she has a family too--I can't throw stuff (well not too much) at her at the last minute.   I have to guard the time with my family too--short of that I'll try to make it work.

The best thing about great attendance is that the students make good progress!  Congrats to all of you who made it to all your lessons--it shows!  I appreciate your commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment