Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Josie May




Here's. . . . . . . Josie! Named after my Dad's nickname for me: Josie May.

She's my mom's new miniature Australian Shepherd. She is a doll baby. And so smart. Gifted really. It's just hard to tell because she's constantly chewing on your hand. Katie, the big Australian is actually quite the teacher. She is very tolerant. Katie gives Josie a toy when she wants it--she is a good sharer. And Josie hangs from Katie's neck and Katie doesn't give her heck back. She is somehow bred to know that she is supposed to take care of other animals. And Josie already knows the pecking order--swiping at the clawless cats. . .

My mom is a good new mother. It is after all a little bit, well, a lot like having a new baby in the house.  On the phone before we came Janel was all about keeping Josie on a routine, not waking her up when we got there. Not playing with her in the middle of the night. Not giving her too many treats. Keeping her in the play pen, I mean kennel, to rest.  Let her go to the bathroom right away when she wakes up. Don't give her too many toys at once. . .

Okay. I just have to get it all out. . . . this is the same women who feeds my kids chocolate chip cookies at midnight when we get there. Who gives them have chocolate chip scones for breakfast. Who gets them the extra large hot chocolate at Starbucks. I could go on. Yeah.

We had a great weekend and if we spoiled the puppy just a little bit. . . well. . . turnabout is fair play.
We love you Grandmommy and Josie and Katie too.

No comments:

Post a Comment