Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Congratulations to Minnesotans Upon Completion of January. . .

We made it through January.  I was day dreaming yesterday in the car on the way to school, wondering just who decided this was a habitable place to live.  Did early pioneers say to themselves, if we can just make it through half a year of subzero temps and snowdrifts, the rest of the year will be lovely.  Someday they will invent machines to scrape the snow off the roads and sprinkle salt and sand everywhere.  It is dangerous to be outside, but the kids will love to slide down the hills. . . whose idea was this?

We made it through January in another way.  The Kotrba kids practiced everyday for 31 days.  To celebrate, at 7:00 pm on Monday January 31, we hauled the family off to you guessed it--Dairy Queen.  I must mention that the temp was 8 degrees with wind child at 15 below, it was blowing snow, we were the only people at Dairy Queen, and I ate my ice cream with my long down coat zipped all the way up.   Yeah for practicing!!!!

If we make it through February it is gonna be Cafe Latte and I mean it.

I learned something this month.  When you commit to practicing everyday, life changes.  Instead of deciding if the child will practice, the decision becomes when.  When will we practice today?  I made the decision to exercise everyday in January.  I wasn't at the gym everyday for an hour class, but I did some exercise everyday.  The question became when.   I also mean to add my own practicing into the challenge but again the question is WHEN???????



1 comment:

  1. Yes congratulations on getting through the month of January in MN are in order! I thought those thoughts myself when I was there. And I know someday soon I will probably be thinking them again. Oh Dairy Queen! heh heh yay for all those practices

    ReplyDelete