Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Congratulations Kris!

Easter Butterflies Released!
Congratulations Pastor Kris--upon the official call to be Lead Pastor of our Easter Lutheran Church.  I never voted in a formal congregational meeting before tonight, but I wouldn't have missed the chance to cast my vote for you!  It was very moving to me that we had a huge turn out and all feeling the same as me, they didn't want to miss showing their support for you.   There are many reasons for this--one is that YOU show up to support everyone around YOU.  The rest of the reasons are the work of the Holy Spirit--but it is hard to separate those reasons from each other--as I believe the Holy Spirit takes one kind gesture from you and radiates it like the waves of a pebble dropped into a lake.  The circles just keep going.

I was also moved by your words tonight, about God remaining the same, even as leadership changes.  The church is not about the pastor or the building or even the people, it is about God's love.  God's love shines through you so brightly!  May His face continue to shine upon you, and grant you peace, especially tonight, sleep well my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment