Sunday, August 28, 2011

You Never Know

I was at the airport today to pick up Calvin.  When it was my turn at the counter I gave the agent my driver's license.  She looked at it and said, "Oh, I live close to you, I live on Meadowlark."  I said, "Oh, I used to live on Meadowlark Curve."  She said, and I'm not kidding, "Were you the one with the roses?" 

Yes, I was the one who begged the townhouse association for a variance so that I could plant a dozen rose bushes around the windows at our townhouse.  I had never seen this woman in my life.  It was totally random. When you plant a garden where there wasn't one, people remember.  Even ten years later.  

So, my mom and Savannah and Calvin painted sunflowers on a barn.  A woman driving by stopped to say she was happier already just watching them paint the flowers.  She would be a little happier everyday.

You never know what little beautiful things affect people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment