Monday, December 5, 2011

Convention Kudos





My little students in Austin gave me these ornaments almost 20 years ago. Now they are all graduated from college. Kristen is teaching Suzuki Piano in the Austin area. Emily was off in Africa doing some global good last time I heard.  

My students in Minnesota are growing up too.  Three of the little ones who started when they were three-years-old are all juniors in high school now.  I am tickled to report that they have been chosen by DVD audition to play in masterclasses at our National Suzuki Convention next May.  

Aidan and Alec will play in the new repertoire masterclasses--performing the Chopin Nocturne in C-sharp minor and the Granados Spanish Dance, new from Books 6 and 7.

Cassy was selected as an alternate to play Debussy in the post Book 7 category.  

Only a handful of kids get selected, so I am so happy for them. I have to say as well, that they are each truly deserving of this accolade. Like all my students, they are really fine hearted kids, who have made music a priority in their lives, while still enjoying scouts and sports and band and choir.  These kids are what Dr. Suzuki was talking about when he said music will change the world.  

I'm proud of all my students, but today I'm especially proud of these three kids!  Congratulations!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment