Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Happy 14th anniversary, Bill.  The list of things that I love about you is still growing.

At the Hawaii late night grocery shopping trip we each looked at the anniversary cards and showed each other which one we would have bought if we were going to buy a card there.  I liked the card you would have bought Bill, thanks!

Instead of giving cards we are here in Hawaii and we will go out to dinner together tonight.

There isn't a whole plethora of great marital examples out there. As a culture we don't have that many positive role models.  Even when you know someone with a great marriage the stark reality is that that guy is very different from your guy and you are very different from that gal.  

Each couple has to find their own way.

When Bill and I started dating, I wrote in my journal that he brought out the best in me.  In other words I was my very best self when I was with him.

Sometimes when someone sees the best in us we become closer to our very best selves.

Of course fourteen years ago I thought he hung the moon as well. Then I learned that he hung it with a level and a micrometer and only into a stud in the wall with the correct pounds per picture hanger ratio.  We worked through that.  Creativity versus engineering 101.

Nowadays I'm thankful that my antique pictures no longer fall off the wall into a heap of broken glass on the floor.

I look for the best in Bill as well and I always find it.  Yes, the list grows with the years.
Happy Anniversary, Bill, the fairy tale continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment