Monday, March 12, 2012

Pomp and Circumstance Part Two


Congratulations to the 186 students from all over Minnesota who performed on the Suzuki Piano Teachers' Guild Festival!  This included 125 S.A.M. graduates from levels one through seven.

My students were:
Lena
Aidan
Calvin-Book 4 grad
Mary
Alec-Book 6 grad
Samantha
Kathryn-Book 3 grad
Grace-Book 5 grad
Elizabeth
Peter
Solomon-Book 1 grad
Nehemiah-Book 1 grad
Jacqueline-Book 1 grad

I was so pleased with everyone!  Such pretty playing!  Solomon and Calvin played some great Bach.  Nehemiah played such a lovely Musette.  Kathryn played First Loss exquisitely!  Coincidentally we had three Grieg Notturnos on three different different recitals.  Lena, Grace and Sami each had their own special finesse.  Aidan played the first movement of a Schubert sonata and I loved it but probably the piano was at it's limit.  Mary, Jacqueline, Elizabeth and Peter played very nicely too.

The Suzuki Piano Teachers' Guild is a well-oiled machine.  My dad used to use the phrase, "There they go! I must hasten to overtake them, for I am their leader."  That is very much how I felt Saturday.  Everyone did their job and did it well and the day went absolutely smoothly.  There is a lot to do: trophies, evaluating CDs, food for the teachers, the beautiful programs, communication with the church, and the list goes on.  Thanks to all the teachers who just did what they always do.

Check back for uploaded videos of Calvin and Mary--I'll post them when my techie help is available!

No comments:

Post a Comment