Friday, May 11, 2012

Microsoft OnTask

Microsoft OffTheRails

Beauty Rest
I got my hair cut and the pianos are tuned and voiced.  Life is good.

Certain times of the year I feel like I could really use an administrative assistant.  Bill and I sometimes call our combined imaginary secretary "Sally."  Let's have Sally do it.  Sally, type up the masterclass programs.  Sally, stop by SAMs club for napkins and cups for the recital.

But, life is good, even without Sally.  Eventually it all gets done.

I stopped and got a navy blue sports coat for Calvin for the honors recital.  It is his first jacket ever. And I got Mary a fancy dress for hers.  I finally had the good sense to just bring one home.  Shopping for dresses with a seven-year-old wasn't going so smoothly.  Any hope of finding the right fabric in the right color in the right level of formality was mind boggling.  The one I picked is soft and has butterflies on it.  Wish me luck in selling it to her.

We were out the door this morning at 8:01.  Thank you very much.  Grouchy Mama came up with a new plan and it worked.  No one even had to call child protective services.

If you know Calvin, you know that he is obsessed with computer operating systems and software.  He is writing his own manuals for every conceivable Microsoft product.  Yesterday at breakfast Bill got him good. As Calvin motor-mouthed on and on about some PowerPoint thing, Bill interrupted and said, "I just got this great new software for work, it's called Microsoft OnTask." Really, Daddy!  Wow! I've never heard of that! It took about four more sentences for Calvin to get the joke.  There is no Microsoft OnTask.  If there was, I would certainly have it installed in both my children as well as my husband.  Can you get a family discount on ADD screening?

We all have our moments.  But the kids were on time to school today.

Big things are coming up--masterclasses here with Reiko Imrie all day tomorrow, next Sunday the studio recital and the Easter Choral service, the next weekend the National Suzuki Conference.  Aidan and Alec are playing and I'm giving a presentation. It will be awesome to see all my teaching friends from around the country.  I will miss Doris Harrel, who can't come because of her back.  In June school ends and we leave for the Colorado Suzuki Institute.

Sally has the whole summer booked. . . I'm going to have to have a talk with her.  But it is all good.  I might even have to give her a raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment