Monday, May 21, 2012

Spring Recital 2012





Congratulations to everyone upon our studio recital yesterday.  It is truly a privilege for me to work with you all .  I simply love to hear you all play.  You worked so hard and played with such love.

I'm presenting at the conference this weekend and I'm tweaking my presentation this week.  The title is "Creating Community in the Suzuki Studio."  Community within the studio isn't just a warm fuzzy idea.  We need each other.

What I really want to say it that it takes all of us working together to bring out our best.  Working with such a fine group of musicians and parents has helped me grow as a teacher and as a parent and a musician.

This journey of music study is a long and winding road that requires much patience and love and a little bit of humor on some days.  We can't do it alone.   A few cookies after the recital doesn't hurt either. . .

True, it isn't all about warm fuzzies, but I'm sure feeling them today, and I think that's okay.  I hope the students are enjoying a moment of pride in their accomplishments and the friends they are sharing them with.

I'm thankful for each and every family in my studio.  Congratulations to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment