Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wishing You Were Here


Checking things off the list.  Choir practice.  Check. Black sharpie signs for all the plants at the sale tomorrow.  Check. In the heat of the moment it can sometimes be difficult to tell the fuchsia hanging basket from the mixed petunias.  I understand.  That's why I made signs.  Messy signs but signs nonetheless. $7,033.60 wholesale's worth of plants and dirt arrive at Deerwood tomorrow morning.  I'm not admitting what percentage of that number is my order.  

Mostly, I'm missing Bill this week.  We all have tricky weeks.  This is mine for the year.  I'm facing it with a happy heart, but I miss my partner.  We are a good team, but the weekly travel is wearing me down.  

I signed up to have kids.  I signed up to teach piano, I signed up for choir accompanist, I signed up for the Deerwood Plant Sale. . . but I don't remember signing up to have my husband gone every week.  Sometimes it's the wildcard you have to look out for.  I know Bill doesn't like it either.  

As Maggie would say, that's corporate America.  But I'm not accepting that.  I think there is a job out there that is creative and challenging and worthwhile, and here in Minnesota.  I'm just sending it out there.  

Hurry home Bill, we are fine, but we love you and when you love someone you miss them when they are gone.  

Plus, the kids need you to take them to the Deerwood Social and Basket Raffle Friday night.  Hot dogs and noise and little made in China trinkets.  I know I didn't sign up for that. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment