Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pair of Bald Eagles


Out the back window of our house. Another good reason not to let the cats out. . .
My husband took these and about 100 other photos today. It was really a treat to see these birds. Gives a renewed meaning to the phrase "spread eagle."

I'd like to take this chance to say a public thank you to my husband, Bill, for helping make music listening a little easier at our house. He has my new computer up and running and magically, via some airport or runway or something, hooked up to the stereo and also magically hooked up to the upstairs computer which houses the itunes collection. After all these years I can play music, specifically the Suzuki repertoire, through the stereo right from my laptop computer. It is so easy. Today I was able to put a "loop" on Minuet One and play it all during lunch. Even the cats were humming it.

We were due for a new computer. The old laptop had paid it's dues. It had three broken keys. It survived several crashes, including the one where I tried to go to "utube" instead of "youtube." DON'T EVER DO THAT. It was nearly terminal. The virus took over the whole system in a matter of seconds. Blue screen of death. Friends told me that the Geek Squad could retrieve the data and install a new hard drive for $150 or so. But lucky for me, Bill is very computer savvy, and was able to restore it on his own in only 37.5 hours of his free time.

I gave up being computer savvy on March 14, 1998, our wedding day. I sold my MAC and moved to the arctic state of Minnesota. Bill agreed to accept cats and grand pianos into his world. I got to share a PC. A fair deal. So now almost 13 years later I have my own computer again. So, thanks Bill, for the computer, for fixing the airport thing so we can listen to music easily, and for taking beautiful photos of eagles out the window. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos that make the winter beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are wonderful photos! I have to agree Bill is a wonderful person, parent and it sounds like a great husband! i'm so happy for the both of you... :) and congratulations on your own computer! heh heh

    ReplyDelete